Unity3D / C# : main working tool on a daily basis since 2013.
• Advanced : C, C#, Java, HTML
• Exposure : OCaml, Scheme, Turbo Pascal, BASIC
• Google : Admob, OAuth, Maps, Analytics...
• Facebook : Login, Friends, Challenges, Sharing, Scores...
• Twitter : Login, Posting, Timeline embed...
• iOS/Android/Web : Unity3D or Native SDKs where applicable
• GameSparks, Firebase
• Bootstrap, HTML5, JOOMLA, Wordpress
• Node.js, Socket.io, WebRTC
• Unreal Engine, Cocos2D-X, OF, Monogame, XNA
• DirectX, SDL
• Onyx (Ubisoft, 2009), IAM (Quantic Dream, 2001)
• Visual Studio, VSCode, Code Warrior
• Eclipse, XCode, Android Studio, Netbeans
• Git, SVN, Perforce, Visual SourceSafe
• Jira, Trello, Slack
• Arabic, French, English
CRAFTING INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, ACROSS ALL HARDWARE, WITH GREAT CARE.
Moroccan independent videogame studio.
Programming, Game Design & Production.
Original IPs as well as contract work for a very select club of close partners since 2012.
Solely founded and operated by Khalil Arafan, a 20+ years programmer by trade.
As of 2019, things are off to an extremely exciting start for our Debut Desktop Gaming Endeavor ! VERY happy to announce that we joined forces with :
Art Director Extraordinaire from The Netherlands : Joram Van Loenen
Music Composer Maestro from France : Yoann Turpin
Our latest solo project was as much a personal challenge for constant learning purposes as it was really valuable on the R&D front : after investigating many technologies a one man shop can leverage to one's advantage for fast and reliable production cycles, the decision was made to use Gamesparks great platform for this project. The result is a multiplayer turn based card game available on iOS and Android devices. It took a lot of time and determination, it was remade 2 times from scratch. Long story (2 years) short :
• 2 popular card game types from Morocco : Ronda (21 & 41 points variants) and Dos.
• Playable solo against bots hosted server side or human players from around the world.
• 2, 3 or 4 players matches. Leaderboards : by game type and global scores.
• Find opponents by joining their challenges or create your own.
• Additional card pack exclusively designed by the very talented local Artist Rachid Anzid, unlockable with rewarded video ads.
• Ubisoft Casablanca : 2008-2010
• Trainee : 6 months. C++ tools executed on the Nintendo DS dev kits hardware for the Animation Team : parse data from project servers and display animations lists per character loaded to help with faster iteration on assets tests.
• Engine Team UI C++ programmer : 1 year. Full project cycle from pre-production to Debug and gold release. Programming of the game UI, menus, credits screens. 2D world map prototyping. Interfacing with all disciplines : Art, Gameplay/Engine Engineers, Audio, Data managers...
• 2 months post prod : prototyping in Flash and nascent social facebook gaming of mini games in the Prince of Persia IP universe.
• Quantic Dream : 2001
• Gameplay Scripting : using a proprietary Visual Studio-like inhouse engine and editor, laying ground work for scenes setup and variables, as well as gameplay integration
• Interfacing with Tools Engineers for feedback, bugs reports and features requests from design team. Assisting non programmer designers bridging with technical team for various design implementations requests